Nikon Ratings and Reviews

Customer Reviews for Nikon Inc. AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II

Nikon Inc. AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II

AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E-II multiplies the effective focal length by 1.4x of select compatible NIKKOR lenses, offering an affordable and portable gateway to extend telephoto reach; ideal for sports shooting, wildlife, surveillance and more.

Average Customer Rating:
4.833 out of 5
4.8
 out of 
5
(6 Reviews) 6
Open Ratings Snapshot
Rating Snapshot 6 reviews
5 stars
5
4 stars
1
3 stars
0
2 stars
0
1 star
0
6 out of 6(100%)reviewers recommend this product.
Customer Questions & Answers:
52 Questions | 63 Answers
Customer Reviews for AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II
Review 1 for AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II
Overall rating 
5 / 5
5 / 5

Turn your lens into a longer lens

PostedSeptember 22, 2013
Photochic
Location South Carolina
Age 55-65
Favorite Subject Nature
Nikon Family 21+ years
Experience More than a year
Role Semi-professional photographer
User submitted photo
Bought an AF-S TC-14E II several years ago and use it 90% of the time with my Nikkor 200-400 f/4. The other 10% is with my Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8. Both have fast focusing and sharp images. I like using it with the 70-200 lens when I am canoeing and photographing egrets, herons, ducks, etc. When I photograph wildlife with the 200-400 and the TC-14E II I have it on a tripod or monopod because of the weight of the lens. It focuses right in on bears or birds.
+23points
Review 2 for AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II
Overall rating 
5 / 5
5 / 5

Great addition for a micro lens

PostedJuly 1, 2011
WinePro
Location Rocky Mount, NC
Age 55-65
Favorite Subject Nature
Nikon Family 0-1 years
Experience Less than a month
Role Serious passion, hobbyist
User submitted photo
User submitted photo
I bought this 1.4x teleconverter to add on to my Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Micro lens, so I could get that little bit closer detail without losing too much quality. Losing just one stop of light and gaining 40% more focal length, this product is well worth the expense. The image clarity is still superb. Perhaps the main drawback is that it only works with the more expensive AF-S and AF-I lenses.
+46points
Review 3 for AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II
Overall rating 
5 / 5
5 / 5

Wonderful extra reach

PostedApril 14, 2011
GarryOwen
Location Farmington, Utah
Age 55-65
Favorite Subject Sports
Nikon Family 21+ years
Experience More than a year
Role Serious passion, hobbyist
User submitted photo
I have the TC-14e I, and love the extra reach this provides especially on a 70-200, 300 etc.On a fast lens it is great and focus for me is fast too.
+23points
Review 4 for AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II
Overall rating 
5 / 5
5 / 5

Essential Kit

PostedDecember 3, 2010
Pictureted
Location Redwood City, CA
Age 55-65
Favorite Subject Nature
Nikon Family 21+ years
Experience 1-3 months
Role Semi-professional photographer
User submitted photo
I bought this gem when I got my 300/4 AF-S. Provides a wonderful 420/5.6 that focuses to 4.8 feet - almost a macro lens.
I also like it with my 105 macro for magnifications greater that 1:1 and more working distance.
Focus speed is adequate and I notice negligible loss of sharpness even wide open.
A perfect addition to any lens that can take it.
+49points
Review 5 for AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II
Overall rating 
5 / 5
5 / 5

Works great with telephotos

PostedAugust 2, 2010
WyeKnot
Location Fort Collins, CO
Age 45-54
Favorite Subject Nature
Nikon Family 6-10 years
Experience More than a year
Role Serious passion, hobbyist
Nice performance with 200-400 and 600mm lenses when used in full sun. Focus speed not noticeably slower, image quality still very good.
+23points
Review 6 for AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II
Overall rating 
4 / 5
4 / 5

A good addition to my lens collection.

PostedJuly 30, 2010
Renato
Location Trieste, Italy
Age 25-34
Favorite Subject Nature
Nikon Family 2-5 years
Experience More than a year
Role Serious passion, hobbyist
I am an advanced amateur and I've been using this teleconverter on a Nikon D200 with a 70-200 f2.8 VR lens. I am not very experienced in using this kind of accessories, but the results are pretty impressive. Easy to use, it does pretty well what it's supposed to do. Maybe it's a little bit expensive, but the results are worth it. Recommended.
+30points